TAS Build Not Likely to Pass Certificate of Compliance - Get Lawyer?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

DitherDaddy

1 September 2016
I have had an external deck which needed a Building Permit is being built by a Builder. In the last few weeks, I have found there are a number of problems with the build (which will fail final inspection).

The Architect who designed the deck said I should just play ignorant to it all and let it fail the Certificate of Compliance as it will be up to the Builder to rectify, and if he does not fix it, I will be in front as the build can be rectified and I will be in front from a financial point of view with the deposit I have paid.

I am concerned. Should I lawyer up? Or seek advice from a building regulator? Or just wait for it to hit the fan with final Inspection?

Victoria S

9 April 2014
I agree with Architect, and would wait to see how it pans out. There's little you can do to allege failure when it hasn't happened yet and there will be no actual breach of contract or failure to provide an adequate service until it actually fails building inspection.

Reactions: Wobby77