Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

VIC Australian Law on Incorporated Legal Practices?

Discussion in 'Commercial Law Forum' started by The British student, 16 March 2016.

  1. The British student

    16 March 2016
    Likes Received:
    What are the regulatory requirements surrounding a non legal shareholder owning a stake in an Incorporated legal Practice?

    I am trying to research, the maximum shareholding a non AUS practising Lawyer can own within a Law firm for a comparison of business structures. The scenario is that a UK Lawyer wishes to set up a practice in another country/territory with the intention of merging with an existing law firm.

    So... if I was a qualified UK Lawyer, what percentage shareholding could I hold in an Australian Law firm? (Specifically Victoria or Queensland)

    Any assistance is greatly appreciated!
  2. Sophea

    Sophea Well-Known Member

    16 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    I know that you have to have at least one legal practitioner director who is an Australian legal practitioner holding an unrestricted practising certificate. But sorry not sure on shareholding
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page