NSW Assistance with 457 Visa Application?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

YMC

6 August 2016
Hi there

I am new to this forum. Please help me with 457 visa application. A friend of mine currently works as a restaurant manager. He has been working as a restaurant manager in that restaurant for a few months. He holds an advanced diploma in Business Management.

The restaurant he works in had sponsored someone before and is willing to sponsor him to work as a restaurant manager. We know that a Restaurant Manager position is on the SOL. He wishes to know if he can apply for a 457 visa.

Please assist.

Thank you.

YMC

6 August 2016
Sorry, just one more question.

Can someone with a contrasting qualification and work experience applied for a 457 visa?

For example, someone with a degree in Social Work but has worked as a Bank Executive Officer overseas.

Thank you for your assistance.

YMC

6 August 2016
Hi there

Can someone with a contrasting qualification and work experience applied for a 457 visa? For example, someone with a degree in Social Work but has worked as a Bank Executive Officer overseas.

Thank you for your assistance.

Jacqueline88

7 August 2016
If he holds a Diploma in Business Management, I personally feel he can apply for a 457. Or a 489 visa too (if regional area sponsor). The position is on the SOL and the employer is willing to sponsor then yes he should apply. What visa is he on now if he's been working there a while?

YMC

6 August 2016
Hi Jacqueline

Thank you for your response. I am not sure what visa he is on now, as he did not mention anything to me.

Does it matter what visa he is on now? Whichever subclass of visa he is on now, Does that affect his application for a 457 visa? Are certain subclass of visas banned from applying for a 457 visa?

Thanks

Jacqueline88

7 August 2016
If he is on a working holiday visa such as 417 or 462 he can apply for 457. Tell him to submit an EOI for 457 online (Expression of Interest) and then it will be assessed. If he is eligible he will be sent an invitation to apply for 457. Look into 489 also if he is regional areas. The employer has sponsored someone before in this role so should be easy enough for the process to be done. Good luck!