QLD Arrested - Dispute Police Charge?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

John Citizen

4 August 2014
I was arrested by police at a rural property, and the uniformed police stated to the 70 year old female landowner I had " caused "substantial injuries" to the '70' year old couple. On the ride into town the ages of couple changed. Can they do this? My life is now completely ruined by the allegations and I have never even received a parking ticket or a criminal record. Please help.

Worldly1

25 April 2014
Australia
Hi John,
What's the offence that the police have charged you with?

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi @John Citizen,
  1. What were you charged with?
  2. Apart from 70 being the age of the landowner of the property that you were arrested on, is there any significance and/or did the police provide any explanation for the stated difference in age?

John Citizen

4 August 2014
assaults occasioning bodily harm whilst armed & common assault.
police stated complainant was a 70 year old couple at time of arrest, the ages became a 68 year old male & a 64 year old female in the car ride into watch house.
No explanantion given by police. attitude of arresting officers changed dramatically upon release on bail- bail condition being i must inform arresting officer of current address. asked about evidence & was told that the complainants words & a ladies garden shovel I admittted to using a day previous to 'shoo' away a venomous snake. offence "allegeldy" occured at property i have been attending daily for approx 2 years.

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi John Citizen,
Now that you've been given bail, I assume that you've been given a court date?
Do you have the means to pay for a lawyer or are you eligible for legal aid?

John Citizen

4 August 2014
Yes i have been given a court date.
I am unemployed & have applied for legal aid, sent off application. Got phone call from legal aid advice line thing & all they could say was to "hold tight" till court date.

John Citizen

4 August 2014
under what obligation are arresting officers to tell the truth. Was arrested & police stated to witness of arrest a crime they 'claim' i committed. They have destroyed my reputation in a small communtiy by outright lying. I have a court date and my presumption of innocence is destroyed. Can uniformed QLD outright LIE?