Apprehended Violence orders

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kaz12302

9 August 2017
There is an apprehended violence order in place against my ex partner with a court date set in October. He is contacting members of my family, is this allowed?

Semi

9 August 2017
There is an apprehended violence order in place against my ex partner with a court date set in October. He is contacting members of my family, is this allowed?
I think he can unless your families are not used to pass on any messages to you that he has specifically asked to even an assumption that he is doing that and your families give a statement to police can lend him a breach of avo. Just my unqualified thoughts as i went thru something similar very recently.

Kaz12302

9 August 2017
I think he can unless your families are not used to pass on any messages to you that he has specifically asked to even an assumption that he is doing that and your families give a statement to police can lend him a breach of avo. Just my unqualified thoughts as i went thru something similar very recently.

Thanks Semi thought as much, amazing to realise people who are not supposed to make contact etc. can still find ways to be a total presence in your life leagally...

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Read the terms of the order. What does it say?