VIC How to Apply for Partner Visa?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Bec Mac

4 July 2016
Hi,

My partner is from England and I am an Australian Citizen.

At the moment, my partner is being sponsored through his job as a chef. He is into his second year of his sponsorship. He has started having some issues at his workplace and would like to get out of there as soon as possible.

We have been together for over 2 years, and would like to apply for the partner visa.

We need some guidance as to:
  • what forms will we need to fill out - including bridging visa so he can work in Australia while we wait for visa acceptance?
  • is he allowed to leave his working sponsorship visa and apply for partner visa?
Thank you and we really appreciate even the smallest of help.

Kind regards

Victoria S

9 April 2014
Hi,

Here is a link to IMMI information on the partner visa, it provides instructions on how to apply etc: Partner (Provisional) visa (subclass 309) and Partner (Migrant) visa (subclass 100)

You will have automatically applied for a bridging visa if you applied in Australia for a certain type of visa when you were still the holder of a substantive visa. Therefore you do not need to lodge a separate application for a Bridging visa.

If you need to apply for a bridging separately for some reason, there are two options available to you, lodging online or by post: here is info on bridging visas: Bridging visa A - BVA - (subclass 010)

If you have specific questions about lodgement you can contact IMMI directly. Make an enquiry

Reactions: @thelawbundle