VIC Annual Leave "Policy"

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

cubanpete

3 July 2017
We have a new leader in a corporation, they are based outside Australia (within Asia). The manager has stated they do not usually approve leave in the last month of the quarter (calendar quarters) for sales role. I am a single parent with no family support and naturally plan holidays around school holidays (to avoid the silly costs) to enjoy the time to take my children away or spend time with them. What would be the best approach, HR is local, to nip this in the bud and shut down the idea they think this approach is acceptable? There is literally no value in taking leave outside school holidays due to the limited annual leave and parenting responsibilities. I am career focussed and work and meet all the needs they have so it seems such an unfair and unacceptable policy but I enjoy my job.

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Apply for leave at the time you want to take it.

Let them come back to you with an answer. Should it not be approved remind them they are being unreasonable in their refusal as work is not being impacted. It doesn't matter from a quarterly sales perspective if leave is taken in the first, second or third month of the quarter.