VIC Access to my child’s mobile

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tobyjenk

5 April 2020
Let me just say that I didn’t have representation when I went to court and I was desperate to see my son again. I signed orders that In hindsight were very one sided (she had legal-aid). Another example is no face to face time on his birthday, phone call only. I have discussed changing this too but to no avail.
Orders state;
That the Father have telephone communication with .............. each alternate Sunday (being the Sunday that the father does not have face to face time with the child) at 6.00pm.

I do agree with your suggestion, I’m going to put something to her formally, but from past experience if I don’t take a harder approach (ie: court) she just says too bad too sad.

sammy01

27 September 2015
ok so the orders don't say that you're restrained from having phone calls outside those times?
Sweet. So you give her a dose of too bad too sad..
Dear ex,
I have provided my number to Timmy and advised him he can call me when ever he wants. Please write to me if you have an issue and I'll work with you around it.

Kind regards

Tobyjenk

5 April 2020
No restrictions on communication.

When I first gave my number to my son, she text me saying that I’m not sticking to our orders by doing this. That the only contact I’m allowed is on the alternate Sunday. I replied there was also nothing in the orders that said our child couldn’t have my number and contact me.
No is always the answer...
Definitely going to send her a form email ago. Ultimately I was hoping that my son and I could enjoy unrestricted communication (within reason).
I just can’t understand how this is something one parent is allowed to control over the other when there isn’t a single good reason for it. The child suffers too... do they not see that?

Atticus

6 February 2019
I just can’t understand how this is something one parent is allowed to control over the other when there isn’t a single good reason for it.
Just to repeat, the orders are there to compel parents to abide by, they are not orders that compel a child to do anything . So while you may be restricted to once a FN phone call, your son can call as much as he wishes.... no contravention... Just give him the number is still my advice ... It's then up to him. Mum wants to continue to be a twit, her problem .