QLD Would driving someone's car regularly be evidence of a relationship

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

sammy01

27 September 2015
"she apparently told the mediator that she only agreed to that because I threatened to take my daughter away from her completely, I didn't do that but that's now her claim"

She is in the big kids playground now... 'I only did it because someone told me to' stops being a legal defence after the age of about 5.... Oh I am funny.

Learn to love your avo... YOu are actually very lucky to have one. WHY? good question, thanks for asking. Well if she really wanted to keep you away from the kid all she had to do is apply for an avo that had a no contact order and had the kid as a protected person and that is as easy as going into the police station and bursting into tears. BUT because you already have an AVO on you she would need to apply to court to have the avo varied and would probably fail. Learn to love your avo...

Eric79

28 January 2021
Hahaha good point mate and yeah she does seem extraordinarily immature, something I never realised or possibly just ignored while we were together.

Atticus

6 February 2019
The agreement is signed and dated by both of us, during the mediation though she apparently told the mediator that she only agreed to that because I threatened to take my daughter away from her completely, I didn't do that but that's now her claim
Looks like she is playing the duress card already .... So the kind if threat she describes would not be accepted as duress if it comes to court. If she had some evidence of you threatening to harm her (your ex) then it may be given some weight but that isn't the case.

In fact you could have lawfully withheld the daughter from returning to her if it meant your daughter would be in the company of an alleged pedo.... An order you should seek in relation to this bloke if it ever does go to court BTW.

Eric79

28 January 2021
I already did withhold my daughter from her when she informed me she was moving in to her own place, she had previously been living with her father, I spent a good day or so on the phone to various agencies etc trying to work out a better solution but was told to withhold if I felt there was a danger, I gave her the opportunity to file an undertaking with the court so that I had a legal guarantee that she wouldn't allow him access to my daughter, she refused and my daughter stay with me for over a month straight before I was informed by my ex's mother that the guy was convicted and imprisoned.

sammy01

27 September 2015
oh wow. Ok you are in the box seat. Granted the child is quite young BUT with your recent history including a month stint just with you and a pedo boyfriend you're the horse I'd be putting my money on.

So play nice and don't do anything to throw a spanner in your works.
Sorry for the mixed metaphors but i'm sure you get the drift. oops did it again.

Eric79

28 January 2021
Hahaha yeah thanks for saying that, it does reduce my concern lol and yeah I got what you were saying

Atticus

6 February 2019
Looks like you are doing all the right things... I think you're in a good position should they file for orders.