QLD Workplace Bullying from Employer - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jingles65

14 February 2015
My daughter is being harassed and bullied by her boss. The boss makes racist comments towards her and belittles and bullies her in front of her fellow workers and other nonstaff members. She has witnesses that will testify to this behaviour, but now she has been stood down.

This all came about because, again, today the boss was belittling her so much that my daughter finally snapped and swore at the boss. She has never done this until today and so the boss stood her down.

My daughter has been put through so much but at the end of the day, she loves her job and just wants to be left alone to carry on the good work she is doing. (She is a youth support worker for indigenous children).

What can she do about this workplace bullying? And who would be the best people/ person / organisation for her to seek help from?

S

Sophea

Workplace bullying is not acceptable and should be actioned. Does she work for the government? Or a private business?

Paul Cott

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
26 May 2014
Ballarat, Victoria
My daughter is being harassed and bullied by her boss. The boss makes racist comments towards her and belittles and bullies her in front of her fellow workers and other nonstaff members. She has witnesses that will testify to this behaviour, but now she has been stood down.

This all came about because, again, today the boss was belittling her so much that my daughter finally snapped and swore at the boss. She has never done this until today and so the boss stood her down.

My daughter has been put through so much but at the end of the day, she loves her job and just wants to be left alone to carry on the good work she is doing. (She is a youth support worker for indigenous children).

What can she do about this workplace bullying? And who would be the best people/ person / organisation for her to seek help from?

An application can be made to the Fair Work Commission for an order to stop the bullying' if she is still employed there.