Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised and confidential legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

WA Unfair Manager - Workplace Bullying and Harassment?

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by sdoleman, 1 December 2015.

1. sdoleman

sdoleman Member

Hi

I thinkI have been a victim of workplace bullying and harassment at work and have done for a long time. I work for my uncle, but there is a manager above me. He micromanages me. He won't give me a job description and every day he adds something new onto what I need to do.

I'm fairly sure he is monitoring my emails but hasn't told me and there is nothing in my employment contract that says so. He put me onto a 38-week contract for 50 hours. Then says I have to do 50 hours. I do have a lot written down. I have tried going to my uncle. He just tells me to work harder.

2. Therese

Therese Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Serge Gorval

Serge Gorval Well-Known Member

Hi Sdoleman,

Whether there is harassment I can't tell, at the moment, with limited info, but what exactly are you seeking?

If you are forced to work 50 hour weeks, however, and are not receiving overtime / or cannot refuse additional hours, you most certainly have a substantial claim for unpaid wages.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...