Woolworths EBA Issue?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nulla

9 June 2014
I work for Woolworths in the supermarket division. For the past 3 weeks I have been working away from my base store helping to set up a new store. This store takes me an extra hour each way everyday. The EBA (enterprise bargaining agreement) provides for reimbursement per kilometre as well as excess time travelled between base store and temporary store. It's all in section 3 of the document (national allowances). The bosses at the temporary store are telling me I'm only entitled to one of these allowances although there is no mention of this in the EBA. I believe they owe me an extra 34 hours of travel time and the union agrees with me although they will not assist me as I'm not a member. The Woolworths EBA document is the Woolworths National Supermarket Agreement 2012.
What can I do?

winston wolf

21 April 2014
Adelaide
changefpa.com.au
Contact the human resources dept. Preferably by email so you have a record. Don't mention the union at first, just see what they have to say.

Reactions: John R

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
Join the union....