QLD TPD Insurance Claim - No Win No Fee Lawyer Costs?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tony777

5 April 2018
Hi all :)

My wife may be eligible to claim her TPD insurance from her superannuation due to her fybramyalgia.

Just wondering what size fee ‘no win no fee’ lawyers charge for TPD claims?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, as we are only just starting to look down this avenue.

Thanks!

Clancy

6 April 2016
Wouldn't you normally start off by approaching the insurer directly? Then once you have a settlement offer in hand, take that to a lawyer for advice before signing it?

Owais

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
18 June 2018
Sydney, NSW
Hi Tony777,

TPD claims work differently to other injury compensation claims. In TPD claims you will have a fixed insurance cover depending on how much your wife was covered for at the Date of Claim. Where as other injury compensation claims are dependant upon how much has the injury effected your life (eg; claiming for past and future income loss, past and future medical costs etc).

It will be difficult to confirm how much each firm will charge on a "no win no fee" agreement. This depends on the complexity of the claim and the hours worked on each claim.

I am a TPD solicitor myself. If you need further guidance then let me know, I can provide a free initial consultation to you and your wife.

Hope that helps!

Kind regards,

Owais Shaheen

Reactions: Timnuts