Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW Will Australia Recognise a Divorce in Nepal?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Anuj, 29 February 2016.

Tags:
  1. Anuj

Anuj Member

Hi there everyone,

I was married in Australia 3 years earlier. My wife and I are seeking divorce. She is in Nepal right now.
    Will Australia recognise a divorce in Nepal even though I was married in Australia? We are both residents in Australia but my wife has moved back to Nepal.

Help!

2. AllForHer

AllForHer Well-Known Member

If you divorce legally and have proof thereof, there's no reason it won't be accepted in Australia.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

I agree.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Anuj

Anuj Member

Thank you for your answer.

I will take this into consideration and will update the outcome. People using this forum can find this helpful.

Thanks for replying Sophia and Allforher. It's a hard moment for everyone, but sometimes it is just inevitable.