Will a speeding fine breach a good behaviour bond?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

AidenR17

28 August 2018
I was driving home tonight going probably 65-70 in a 60 zone and I think I saw a flash, I'm not 100% sure if it was a speed camera. But if it was would a speeding fine breach a good behaviour bond? (I live in QLD)

Adam1user

5 January 2018
I was driving home tonight going probably 65-70 in a 60 zone and I think I saw a flash, I'm not 100% sure if it was a speed camera. But if it was would a speeding fine breach a good behaviour bond? (I live in QLD)

I think it depends on why you were on good behaviour bond, if it was for traffic offenses, I think it will but if for something else, then it may not, this is from my understanding, i am sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong.

Scruff

25 July 2018
NSW
I've seen different answers to this question, and it probably differs from state to state as well.

My view is the same as Adam1user - best that I can figure is that if the bond was for a criminal offence, then a traffric infringement probably won't affect it. However if the bond was issued as an alternative for suspension of licence due to losing all your demerit points, then a traffric infringement may breach the bond.

I don't know much about bonds issued for loss of demerits, but I do recall reading that it's common for them to have 2 demerits allocated. In NSW, speeding at less than 10kms over the limit is only 1 demerit (assuming double demerits are not applicable at the time), so as long as you only lose the one point, you would still be okay. Don't know about QLD though.