WA Speeding Fines - Do I Have a Case?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Snapperhunter

3 November 2015
Hi all

I live in WA and just I've just received a speeding fine from a holiday in QLD earlier in the year. In the photo on the infringement, I can clearly read the upcoming 80 speed sign which is probably 60-70m from the camera and even less from my car (photo is from behind), In addition it is clearly downhill. The position of this camera seems to go against 2 of the 4 restrictions on speed detection device locations in QLD traffic law.

Would I have a case against the speeding fines? Obviously I don't want it to go to court as I'm interstate.

Thanks

JS79

2 October 2015
Perth
In all honestly you would have to decide between paying the fine and receiving demerit points or defending the fine in a court in Queensland (which would be potentially a lot of money).

Ozwarlock67

16 April 2015
Perhaps if you wrote back to them and pointed out everything you said here.....especially if things don't add up, they then have to explain the positioning of the camera and the fact that it was on a downgrade.

You can request the matter be transferred to your state. Sometimes they will withdraw on that alone....especially if there are doubts.