What will I Get from Family Court?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

speck1

24 June 2015
If I go and take my child next year (no orders), what will I get if it does go to family court?

I was having her 50/50 for 2 years, then ex has denied all access for a year, done two mediations, and can't afford court. She has refused consent orders, so if I just go and take my child, what do you think I'll get if it goes to court?

All I want is every third weekend and half hols.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Take your kid and you'll get your arse kicked in court. That is what you'll get. Don't you think your ex will come and take the kid back just as quick?

So apply to court. Self-represent. Do it by the book. Sadly, I wish we could turn back time 2 years and my suggestion would be different, mate, if you want every third weekend, but you go and take your kid, then obviously you'll be planning to give the child back right? Well, the ex isn't gonna be any nicer after you took the child without consent. I know, I know, the hypocrisy. but that is the reality.

Look you're ex ain't gonna hand over the kid until she is forced to. Hopefully, the court application will put the wind up her. But at present she's thinking she has it over you and she does. So either do nothing and accept it. Or do something, but do something smart and taking the kid from school ain't smart.

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Don't take the child. Follow the proper avenues. Considering what you're asking for, I think you would be just fine self-representing. If you take the child, however, you'll have a much more challenging case on your hands.