Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

WA What to Do After Monetary Order for Building Commission?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by choi youngbin, 9 August 2016.

  1. choi youngbin

    choi youngbin Member

    8 August 2016
    Likes Received:
    Hi. all

    I have been in dispute with a house renovator. My status is, I got the monetary order(about $15,000) from the building commission but he never paid me any. According to the fact sheet, I can drag him to the Magistrate court. or he can appeal to SAT. ( I think he will do)

    I wonder if I need a laywer right now or after SAT review?

    The renovator didn't finish remedy work and walked away, so my bathroom has been under construction for 5-month and I cannot fix and make it available unless he pay me. In this case, can I make him compensate me for the duration that I couldn't use the bathroom for or at least get him pay me the sum immediately for the unfinished bathroom?

    I appreciate any of your help and your experiences.

  2. Tim W

    Tim W Lawyer
    LawTap Verified Lawyer

    28 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    Get one now.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page