WA What is the Process of Filing for Bankruptcy?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Letitgo

21 June 2016
I have a personal loan and credit card debt that I cannot pay, so I have filed for bankruptcy. I've filled in all the papers myself as I'm trying to keep this under wraps from my family. I just wanted to know from someone who has been through this, how the process went.

I sent the papers by express post a week ago and am very anxious to hear if everything is in order as the damn bank are hammering me with calls and I'm ignoring them! I've read stories of people getting rejected so now I'm even more stressed out!

The questions I found quite hard to answer in some parts as I'm a casual worker & my wages change week to week so I hope I haven't got anything wrong. Arghhhh

Victoria S

9 April 2014
Forms once received are usually processed within 1-2 days. You can contact the Australian Financial Security Authority to enquire on the progress of your bankruptcy application. Once your forms have been processed you will receive a letter confirming you are bankrupt.