QLD What can Support Affidavit be About?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

running

13 March 2016
Hi,

I am in the process of trying to get a protection order against my ex-partner. I have been granted a temporary order. His lawyer also asked to be able to lodge further affidavits.

The ex originally threatened to put a cross application in, but didn't, as he has stated in family law matters that I wasn't violent. However, in his affidavits, he has now said that I was abusive and blah blah blah.

However, what I was wondering was about these affidavits supporting his application. My son just informed me that someone I thought was a friend was going to lodge a supporting affidavit. She has never even witnessed any minor disagreement between my ex and I, although I know that my ex has been visiting her and her hubby a fair bit since our break up. I don't think she would lie, so what can she lodge an affidavit about?

I know he started a smear campaign based on lies before I even left, so can she put in stuff that he has told her?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
His affidavit should not be your concern. Your concern is to prove your own case for an AVO, which requires you to prove that violence has occurred and there is a future risk of violence occurring such that an AVO is necessary and desirable.