Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

TAS What are My Rights Against Father's Power of Attorney?

Discussion in 'Wills and Estate Planning Law Forum' started by craig sherston, 21 August 2016.

  1. craig sherston

    21 August 2016
    Likes Received:
    What rights do I have against a Power of Attorney who I believe is taking assets from my father's estate?
  2. Sophea

    Sophea Guest

    You can apply to the Guardianship and Administration Board of Tasmania to have a review of the activities of the Power of Attorney. Check out their website here: Guardianship and Administration Board : Fees charged by the Board

    Otherwise you can inform law enforcement authorities of the behaviour - as it may amount to stealing under the criminal code which includes taking property of another for one's own use where it is accessed by having a power of attorney. However I'm not sure whether the police would investigate it as they may say its a "civil matter".

Share This Page