NSW Visitor visa due to covid?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Jdconsa

15 June 2020
I am currently on whv 462 which expires in August. I live with my partner and have so since arriving in Australia and we are in a registered relationship. I was due to complete my required 3 months farm work at the beginning of the year but have been unable to do so due to corona virus. This would mean I am unable to apply for my second year extension. I am also in a position where I am unable to fly directly back to my home country due to this. I have been trying to find information regarding my options as I would like to stay with my partner for the 6-12 months before we both relocate to Europe.
I have enough funds to support myself and also my partner is able to provide for me financially and with accommodation. I read on the immi website that it wasn't recommended to apply for 2nd year whv at the moment due to uncertainty and that if eligible to apply for visitor visa subclass 600. As we are in a registered relationship, we are considered immediate family. I am wondering if this is a possible avenue or if there are any other options available to me?

Thank you in advance
Jarrad

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
It can be helpful to understand that a "registered relationship"
does not create an automatic right to stay in Australia any more than a marriage does.

You should also consider an application for Subclass 408 Temporary Activity visa.

What kinds of 462 work have you done (tried to do) apart from farm work?

Last edited: