VIC vehicle transfer

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

HTC76

1 April 2022
Seeking advice (or links on advice to similar situation) on whether there is any legal remedy regarding the return of property from ex-partner? Including personal belongings, tools etc and more worryingly a campervan, which I (now regrettably) agreed to borrow my ex for a period of time. So that she could to do a once in a lifetime roadtrip around Aus with my kids. She had agreed to return vehicle and transfer rego back to my name as soon as I returned to visit my children in VIC, AUS. But due to long drawn out restrictions I have been unable to visit my kids from the UK. I would usually visit them every year. My ex-partner has now claiming ownership of vehicle and property (personal belongings) in storage etc. and has only agreed to borrow me the vehicle on my next visit, and will not transfer vehicle back to my name. I have email correspondence regarding vehicle etc. from ex and no she has proof of making payment for claimed vehicle. They are the only potential evidence I have against her claim at present, so seeking further advise (if any) on this unfortunate situation

Last edited: