VIC Vehicle transfer

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

HTC76

1 April 2022
Seeking advice (or links to similar situation) on whether any legal remedy regarding the return of property (personal belongings) including vehicle (I agreed to borrow for a period of time)back from ex-partner|? I had initially agreed to return vehicle and transfer rego back to my name as soon as I returned to visit my children in VIC, AUS. But due to restrictions i have been unable to visit from the UK, due to a longer than usual period to visit my children, I usually visited every year. My ex-partner has now claiming ownership of vehicle and property (personal belongings) in storage etc. But has only agreed to borrow the vehicle on my next visit, but will not transfer vehicle back to my name. I have email correspondence from ex and no she has proof of making payment for claimed vehicle. They are the only proof I have against her claim at present, so seeking further advise (if any) on this unfortunate situation