Unwanted Sexting Messages Tinder

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Dinodog4

17 October 2020
Hello,

I have received an unwanted sexting messages, two in total. I never asked for it and was just sent randomly. This same guy has sent the same message on Tinder to around 5 of my other friends who he has matched with. He doesn't continue or anything, just states things that he would do to the person... No hint of non consensual.... But is this illegal noting the messages being unwanted? I can't find anything on the internet about it at all. Very hard topic to find about... Me and friends were discussing if there was anything we can do other than report to tinder.

Jaywoo220

11 November 2019
If it was continous you may be able to do something regarding using carriage service to harrass.

But two messages? No.

Easy solution? Get off tinder.

What do you expect when you sign up to tinder? It is a hook up app so there would be an expectation of sexual overtones in some sense, or a reasonable person may expect as such, plus you can just block the person anyway if it is unwanted attention.

Tinder would quickly go out of business if such messages were illegal.