QLD Unpaid Debt from client

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Kim Polglase

15 July 2019
We have completed a renovation on a clients property. W quoted the first part of the job which clearly stated what items were not included. Throughout the term of the contract they continued to ask for other things, painting, beams, lights, and extensive other items. They said we know these are extras , all good.
Thy reluctantly paid for the original quote but have failed to pay for any of the extras which come to $15000.
I keep records and receipts for the job also I have progress pictures of the work that we completed.

We are gutted. They have straight out said their not paying. If need we could get statements from the plumber and electrician who also worked on the job at our request.

What should I do???

Rob Legat - SBPL

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
16 February 2017
Gold Coast, Queensland
lawtap.com
[If you haven't already] Formally invoice them, and send with a letter of demand. Give them a reasonable time to pay.

If they fail to pay after that, you'll can either engage the services of a debt collector (possibly expensive, and possibly of no effect) or take them to QCAT: Debt disputes - QCAT Queensland Civil and Administrative Tribunal