Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

SA Unpaid Bills - Can't Get Bond Back from Housing SA

Discussion in 'Other/General Law Forum' started by Paiton, 14 June 2015.

  1. Paiton

    Paiton Member

    14 June 2015
    Likes Received:
    I was renting a place with a former friend. We had a falling out, so I moved out paid my half of the electricity bill & water & she is still owing.

    She is ignoring my texts and has blocked me from contacting her. She also will not sign the form from the real estate agents saying I have moved out so I cannot get my lease bond back to give to housing SA.

    What can I do?
  2. Ivy

    Ivy Well-Known Member

    10 February 2015
    Likes Received:
    As far as I can tell, you don't need the other tenant to sign to make a claim for the bond. You can claim the bond either through the SA rental bonds online service or by sending in the bond refund form to Consumer and Business Services.

    As for the electricity and water- whose name is on the bill? And to whom did you make the utilities payment? Directly to the electricity provider or to the real estate agent?
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page