WA Unfair Dismissal Due to False Accusation of Theft and Abandonment?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Matthew Lynch

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
18 July 2016
Sydney
lawtap.com
On the facts you have described this appears to be an unfair dismissal. You can make an application in the Fair Work Commission for compensation or reinstatement. You need to file your unfair dismissal application within 21 days of the date of termination.

Let me know if you need further info.

Reactions: JohnD

JohnD

23 June 2016
Western Australia
I suspect you not turning up on the Monday before you left on leave is an issue for you. Was the Monday supposed to be part of your unpaid leave?

Have you received any termination papers yet?
I suspect you not turning up on the Monday before you left on leave is an issue for you. Was the Monday supposed to be part of your unpaid leave?

Have you received any termination papers yet?

Unpaid leave as I'm a casual worker on a regular basis. Done a bit of research and casual employees employed on a regular basis under the national system are covered by an award.I have next to no rights in unfair dismissal cases. I don't know how it can be abandonment when I was still suspended for a investigation that was never carried out.

JohnD

23 June 2016
Western Australia
On the facts you have described this appears to be an unfair dismissal. You can make an application in the Fair Work Commission for compensation or reinstatement. You need to file your unfair dismissal application within 21 days of the date of termination.

Let me know if you need further info.
Yes, please that would be appreciated so much as I keep hitting dead ends but I know this is not fair.

If you are able to offer your opinion on my situation regarding unfair dismissal, that would be so helpful. Let me maybe email you? Thank you.

Matthew Lynch

Lawyer
18 July 2016
Sydney
lawtap.com

Serge Gorval

2 November 2015
Sydney
lawtap.com
Have you considered lodging an unfair dismissal case? There definitely seems to be gapping holes in their termination of you. The issue is that the Application should be lodged within 21 days, with exceptions.