NSW Taken a Video Statement While Under the Influence of Drugs

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Belinda Mills

5 December 2015
Hi, thank you for taking the time to reply. Forgive my response.

When I was experiencing DV from 2012 - 2014, when I really needed help, the police did absolutely nothing and I mean nothing! Other than castigate me and tell me I deserved what was happening if I went back, so I never called them again and lost any respect and trust I had for their profession. Serve and protect... what a joke!

So now that the policies have changed through the loss of human beings lives, the politician's crisis manage to save face and so they are seen to care all of a sudden...and it is carte blanche, no matter whether it is true or not, and, in this case, there was no violence, just stupidity in taking drugs when the statement was taken.

Blind Freddy could see I wasn't of sound mind. I was a paramedic for 3 years and worked alongside the police who are highly judgemental and opinionated. I put my life on the line whilst saving lives, so forgive me if I have no respect for the cowboys/girls police who only care about getting a conviction at any cost, so they get their stripes and protect their asses!

They can badger me, intimidate and bully me in court as they always have as I know the truth always out and that is my truth. I have no contact with my ex as she is in jail.

Honestly, I have been so traumatized by this experience with the police and their appalling actions towards me. I want nothing to do with them. They are worse than criminals but protected by badges and bureaucracy. It makes me ashamed to be an Australian in this corrupt system.

Innocent until proven guilty - when is this applied, mmm?

Anubis

6 May 2015
Oh Belinda I am sorry for your experiences.
I am not a police officer but a lawyer...a defence lawyer at that.

Police are just like anyone else...there are the angels and the awful. As with paramedics there are some amazing ones.

I think a quiet chat to a lawyer is probably best for you and your partner although you might find your partner's lawyer a little reluctant to talk to you in any detail.