Suspended from Work - Alleged Breach of Safety & Bullying

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Rex

24 May 2014
I have been suspended from work on full pay for the past week . I am being investigated for breach of workplace health and safety and workplace bullying. No one at my work place will tell me what is happening or what these incidents are about. I have been told to stay at home and not talk to anyone. I dont know what l should do. Any advice would be helpful

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
Hi Rex,
Are you a member of a union?

John R

14 April 2014
Sydney
no john
I was the superintendent and this is how they are trying to get rid of me for doing my job

Hi Rex,
  1. What industry do you work in? Construction?
  2. Who instructed you to stay at home and not talk to anyone?
  3. Does your organisation have a Human Resources (HR) Manager?
  4. Have you been advised when the investigation will be completed?

Rex

24 May 2014
John
I am in the mining industry
Yes we do have a HR manager part time and he is part of the overall problem as he owns a management company that no longer manages the company due to a new CEO
No l haven't been given a time when investigation will end . I do know who is doing it and that he has spoken to those involved but not me
I was verbally told to not say anything to anyone about this from CEO and the email l was sent states
"Please be advised that maintaining confidentiality is an important part of workplace investigations. Confidentiality benefits you by minimizing any negative reactions within the workplace and ensuring the facts can be determined quickly, clearly and without undue influence."
The workers l look after are confused as no one has told them anything either and so typically they are now talking to each other and speculating what may be happening