Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

NSW State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO) Enforcement Order

Discussion in 'Traffic Law Forum' started by jlabc, 4 June 2015.

1. jlabc

jlabc Member

I received two enforcement orders from the NSW State Debt Recovery Office (SDRO) totalling in excess of $2000, for unpaid fines. The date of the offences is listed as 2008, however I have no record of ever receiving these fines, and it would not be in my nature to let these fines go unpaid (I note that I recently received a fine and paid this promptly).

Are there any grounds to appeal these fines in any way? Why would I not have been notified much earlier of these outstanding balances?

I was under the assumption that there would be sanctions if fines were not paid by the due date, i.e. drivers licence suspended. However, I have never been issued a notice to indicte my licence was suspended or that I couldn't renew it even after all this time has passed.

2. Sophea

Sophea Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    Tim W likes this.