WA Speeding Fines and Driving with Drugs - Help?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

J.boae

8 March 2018
Charged with driving with illicit prescribed drugs in oral fluids (Methamphetamine). Didn’t realise I would still be in my system. This was a one-off, took over Christmas as a very distressing time for me, and I thought it would numb the pain but I regretted the decision straight away.

I've been beating myself up for it ever since. I feel embarrassed and ashamed and I've been stressing so much because if I get a criminal record I won’t be able to proceed further with my career. I may even lose my job.

I also need my drivers licence for my job. I was charged on a public holiday so double demerits. Also on the following public holiday, I got on the spot speeding fines. Also double demerits. This will now take me over twelve points.

Can these two fines be dealt with at the same time at court so I can do double or nothing? If I get suspended from driving I will lose my job.

I go to court in a couple of days. I’m hoping for a good behaviour bond. I’m so scared of what will happen. Can anyone give me any opinions?

James McGill

13 March 2019
Hello, do you need any assistance with this or has it been dealt with (I note you said you go to Court in a couple of days).

5 August 2019
Hello, do you need any assistance with this or has it been dealt with (I note you said you go to Court in a couple of days).
Hi James, I'm appealing my drug driving as I accept I had something in my system that was taken 8 days earlier on NY's Eve. The result was faint but positive. What confused me is that the Cop let me drive away..