NSW Riding a Scooter in Car Park Without a Helmet?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
Status
Not open for further replies.

Docupedia

7 October 2020
The utter irony of all this is that you are railing against people ‘talking down‘ to you, and that is exactly what you did to the guy in the other threads.

With only a paragraph to go in in his original thread, you effectively told him he’s lying, and accused him of trying to stir up racism simply because he said he was a ”black man”. I don’t know what country you emigrated from (so as to excuse any expectation that you’re aware of Australian history), and I am of Anglo-Saxon heritage (the relevance of which is that I can only go off what I perceive as a ‘white man’), but I’d hazard a guess to say that I know enough to be able to state that there’s sufficient indication in the world - including Australia, historically and to a lesser extent currently - that being a black man in the stated situation could be an unfortunately relevant fact.

Your comments, including those in the other thread of ‘go back to where you came from’ and again accusing him of trying to ‘stir things up’, give the distinct indication that you were invalidating his question. Essentially, your responses could be boiled down to, “You’re lying, this didn’t happen. You’re only trying to cause trouble by playing the ‘racism card’; it’s not needed or wanted. Stop wasting everyone’s time. We’ve got enough to deal with. Go back to where you came from.” How incredibly dismissive of you. No wonder the guy hasn’t replied.

I think you answered that guy’s question in such a stunning, incredibly assumptive, and unfounded attack on his question. I think you said enough in your utter dismissal of him to give a clear indication that, yes, what he says happened to him is possible because look at the treatment he gets for simply asking a question about it - shut up, you’re lying, you’re a troublemaker, go back to where you came from.

I obviously don’t know if he is an indigenous man, but I can only imagine what it might feel like to be told ‘go back to where you came from’ if he is. That comment alone, in and of itself, is racist. If he actually is indigenous, it’s not only racist but objectively insulting.

Again, the irony...

sammy01

27 September 2015
Nope Docupedia - You are mistaken.... Old mate didn't attack with "only a paragraph to go in in his original thread"
He didn't give him a paragraph. He only gave him a sentence "I am a black man living in Sydney Australia."
ONE SENTENCE.

He then provided factually incorrect information about our legal system. Because the legal system does "sell consequences on discount (15%!!!!), you get what you deserve." (adam)

The last bit I agree with. YOU GET WHAT YOU DESERVE.
Tim was right to correct Adam because adam was wrong. Something Adam seems to struggle to understand (I call that a god complex)
And thank you Docupedia for your comments that mirror stuff i wrote earlier. Adam you deserve a dressing down for your narrow minded comments and for providing legal information that was incorrect.

Reactions: Docupedia

Atticus

6 February 2019
@Adam1user .... The more you write, the more I'm convinced that you live in some kind of strange parallel universe..... The hypocrisy in your comments, & the 180 degree back-flips on points of view are staggering..

SamanthaJay

4 July 2016
To clarify.
Tim was right...
he said section 10 bond would not / could not happen because this is a traffic matter. He was right. He advised you to steer clear of this approach.

Someone else suggested you go down the private property road. Your response? "it is my ticket off. Great idea." Tim corrected you and again his advice was good. He even provided a reference to the road rules. You know. Like the law...

He also advised that " There is a remote possibility that the Magistrate will dismiss the matter.
That will not make you clever, just lucky."

Tim gave you Rock solid advice. 3 times. He was right every time... He helped you win this because you knew better than to go in asking for a section 10 when such an option is not available to the judge NOR did you go in making loony bin claims about private property, which would have equally made you look silly to magistrate and you took his advice. You went in, and plead for clemancy because there is a remote chance the Magistrate 'will dismiss the mater'. He helped you and your response? A thank you?
Nope... Not you champ... Mate you would have made a fool of yourself in court making stupid arguments... Read the whole thread again. He was the one that set you on the right path to win this thing. OUCH.
Sammy, I like how you’ve come back to finalise this thread nearly 3 years later :D

Reactions: Adam1user
Status
Not open for further replies.