VIC Restraining Order Magistrates Court Transcript?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

MiizzCarmen

24 September 2014
A month a go I got a full restraining order on my ex partner at the Magistrates Court but my current restraining order until November because my ex's lawyer told my lawyer that in November they plan on putting a visa application for my ex mother in law to come to Australia so my ex partner can get custody of our child from DHS.

Also my ex and his lawyer didn't agree to a 12 month restraining order because it will effect the visa application for my ex mother in law. Last week we had a hearing at the Childrens court my ex and his lawyer have changed their story a few times in regards to my ex mother in law coming to Australia.

They told DHS and the judge at the Childrens court that my ex mother in law will be coming to Australia next month but hat they told the DHS and Children court is untrue. One of DHS requirements for my ex is that they want to do an assessment on my ex mother law.

My question is: Would the Magistrate Court be able to provide me a transcript of the restraining order hearing when I got a full restraining order on my ex?

AllForHer

23 July 2014
All court transcripts are available to the parties, but I believe they incur a charge. Contact the registry for more information on how to attain the transcript.