QLD Responding to Affidavit from the Aggrieved

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

benurq

3 May 2015
Hi there,

I have a simple question to ask, currently at early stages of contesting a protection order that my ex has put on me,. My question is how do I respond to her affidavit do I respond directly to each statement or do I create my own timeline of my interpretation of events. Quick background on the case does include a child on orders (my son) no physical violence nor really anything from past 6-12 months it's mostly things that happened prior to our son being born which I strongly disagree with. Thank you for your time in answering this for me

AllForHer

23 July 2014
Your responding affidavit is your opportunity to tell your side of the story, so it can include both your own statements of fact about what happened, as well as responses to your ex's claims. It might be useful to put your responses to your ex's claims under a sub-heading.

Have you received legal advice about domestic violence orders in Queensland yet?