NSW Resident return visa

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Sandywish123

23 May 2017
Hi, my husband has been charged with domestic violence case(section 9 good behaviour bond) and his resident return visa is going to expire in this December. He is PR from India. I am worried if he will get his resident return visa and is there any risk on his permanent residency?

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Sandy,
There is always a risk that a visa renewal will be impacted by a criminal charge. I'm pretty sure that it will be a consideration but I don't know that any one on here could tell you with any certainty that it will definitely be affected.

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Sandy,
If he is already a permanent resident being on good behaviour for domestic violence is unlikely to affect it.

Glenn Pereira

LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
1 July 2017
Hi Sandy,
There is always a risk that a visa renewal will be impacted by a criminal charge. I'm pretty sure that it will be a consideration but I don't know that any one on here could tell you with any certainty that it will definitely be affected.

We manage a number of RRVs. We did manage a similar case successfully. With limited facts it is risky to provide and response on your case.

AnnB

25 February 2020
Hi Sandy

Just curious know if your husband got his RRV renewed as my friend is in a similar situation. Any inputs from your experience will be helpful.