Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

Dismiss Notice
Hi Guest, Want peace of mind with personalised legal advice today? Visit LawTap to find the right Australian lawyer and book online instantly.

Redundancy - Contract Not Renewed

Discussion in 'Employment Law Forum' started by Elenka Szalai, 8 July 2014.

1. Elenka Szalai

Elenka Szalai Member

I work for a cleaning contractor I held a position as supervisor for almost 2 years however the contract where I worked was not renewed. The company offered me another position with less hours, less pay, and not a supervisors position or redundancy I opted for redundancy. The company offered me another position with more hours and a less pay still but still not a supervisors position, I accepted this as I needed a job. I contacted the Department of Fair Work Australia to ask them should the company offer me a supervisors position if one becomes available they informed me that I am still entitled to my redundancy but that I should get legal advice to determine if the position I am in is a suitable alternative to what I was in as my employer insists that because I accepted the position it negates the redundancy offer. Can you please help

2. Victoria S

Victoria S Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...