VIC Recording childrens conversations

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Vanda

3 June 2020
Thanks Whatnot20
Thats sad for the child, the effect on them later in life will be horrific.

Vanda

3 June 2020
Thanks Sammy01,
Yes I document daily in a diary and have in the past written to the mother via email (we only communicate in writing) I have never had a response from her of my concerns and the behaviour has not noticeably slowed.
Yes I have final orders to which are not being followed, we had a court ordered mediation last week and are back to court in 10 months....(big waiting list).... as the mother continues to refuse the extra time allowed in the orders.

My son didnt ask me where tampons go. He knew every detail of what, where and why. He just blurted the whole lot out in front of me and my partner without any prompt apart from changing strings on a guitar......... And at 6yo, that sickened me.
That is only one example and a mild one at that of what he shares.

I understand everyones advice and will continue to document.

Vanda

Atticus

6 February 2019
My son didnt ask me where tampons go. He knew every detail of what, where and why.
Just another angle to consider on this particular point ..... There has been a not insignificant push in the last 12 months or so to de-stigmatize womens hygiene products, particularly in media & advertising, It is possible that your son has seen or heard something & has asked the other parent about it ... There may not be anything sinister going on ... Be aware of that confirmation bias I mentioned earlier.

sammy01

27 September 2015
Ok atticus, but the tampon thing is just one thing old mate has mentioned.
mate if you're going into a contravention hearing, now is not the time to raise the stupidity. Your case is there is no reason for the ex not to follow orders, there are no problems here. Now is not gonna be a good time to give her reason to say that she is withholding the kids because she is concerned about you questioning / filming the kids.