NSW Public company debt owed for work done

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

crocodile

4 November 2017
Hi Everybody,

I am owed money for work performed ( ~$7000 ). I've invoiced the company and made several follow up attempts. I need to send a letter of demand but since this is a large publicly listed company with several autonomous divisions I'm unsure who I send the letter to. If anybody could point me in the right direction I would be very appreciative.

Thanks,
Croc

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
If they're a big corporate, then they probably have an Accounts Payable section.
Maybe, one for each division. Send it there.

Or, find out who the CFO is, and address it to her/him.

Failing that, they'll have an Address For Service, which might be care of their lawyers, or care of their own Legal Department, if they have one.

crocodile

4 November 2017
If they're a big corporate, then they probably have an Accounts Payable section.
Maybe, one for each division. Send it there.

Or, find out who the CFO is, and address it to her/him.

Failing that, they'll have an Address For Service, which might be care of their lawyers, or care of their own Legal Department, if they have one.
Thank you for that. I do know the accounts payable people and have spoken to them. They couldn't process payment because the originator hadn't submitted it. That's OK, they may be able to give me a clue as to who to send the letter of demand to. Appreciate your suggestion.
Croc