VIC Property Settlement Dispute with Ex - What to Do?

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Marian

9 February 2016
For property settlement matters, we had to do valuation for the pharmacy managed by my ex-husband as he is a minor partner in it. The report came back with 2 dramatically different values.

Knowing that it is a chemist warehouse shop, the valuer gave us one value for the shop as a non-branded pharmacy (upon a dirty advice from my ex that it should be valuated that way because the brand is owned by the main owners, not him), while the other value which is the real one was double the first one.

What can I do now? I feel that I am lost with my lawyer.

S

Sophea

What is your question exactly? Is this property settlement going to court? or are you trying to mediate / negotiate a resolution?

Clancy

6 April 2016
Well, the problem with the valuer is you don't know if either you're trying to claim a portion of the partner's assets or your ex is hiding assets on the partner's side!

You might have to subpoena a copy of the partnership agreement if that is even possible? You can assume it will detail exactly who owns what.