Australia's #1 for Law

Join 11,000+ Australians. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

VIC Property Settlement Dispute with Ex - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Family Law Forum' started by Marian, 28 March 2016.

  1. Marian

    Marian Active Member

    9 February 2016
    Likes Received:
    For property settlement matters, we had to do valuation for the pharmacy managed by my ex-husband as he is a minor partner in it. The report came back with 2 dramatically different values.

    Knowing that it is a chemist warehouse shop, the valuer gave us one value for the shop as a non-branded pharmacy (upon a dirty advice from my ex that it should be valuated that way because the brand is owned by the main owners, not him), while the other value which is the real one was double the first one.

    What can I do now? I feel that I am lost with my lawyer.
  2. Sophea

    Sophea Well-Known Member

    16 April 2014
    Likes Received:
    What is your question exactly? Is this property settlement going to court? or are you trying to mediate / negotiate a resolution?
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Clancy

    Clancy Well-Known Member

    6 April 2016
    Likes Received:
    Well, the problem with the valuer is you don't know if either you're trying to claim a portion of the partner's assets or your ex is hiding assets on the partner's side!

    You might have to subpoena a copy of the partnership agreement if that is even possible? You can assume it will detail exactly who owns what.

Share This Page