Probate lodgement by yourself

Discussion in 'Wills and Estate Planning Law Forum' started by Shecap, 10 June 2018.

Tags:
  1. Shecap

Shecap Active Member

Hi would anyone be able to tell me if you lodge probate by yourself in Victoria is there anything that you need to do to prove who you are? I could be mistaken but I thought I read somewhere about verification of identity.

2. winston wolf

winston wolf Well-Known Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Shecap

Shecap Active Member

Hi Winston Wolf thanks for responding. I followed the link and it seems to be about challenging a will which is not what I am doing. My daughter and I are executors of my mums will in Victoria. My question is when we go to the court to lodge for grant of probate do we just take our own identification or do we need to do have a special verification of identity?

4. Rod

Rod Well-Known Member

I am not sure of your answer. Call the Probate Office, or take 100 points of Id.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Shecap

Shecap Active Member

Thanks Rod I will ring and check.

6. winston wolf

winston wolf Well-Known Member

You need to click on the words that say "Applying for a grant of probate" Not the link in my signature.

7. Shecap

Shecap Active Member

Thank you for clarifying. It is very appreciated.