Probate lodgement by yourself

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Shecap

21 May 2018
Hi would anyone be able to tell me if you lodge probate by yourself in Victoria is there anything that you need to do to prove who you are? I could be mistaken but I thought I read somewhere about verification of identity.

Shecap

21 May 2018
Hi Winston Wolf thanks for responding. I followed the link and it seems to be about challenging a will which is not what I am doing. My daughter and I are executors of my mums will in Victoria. My question is when we go to the court to lodge for grant of probate do we just take our own identification or do we need to do have a special verification of identity?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
I am not sure of your answer. Call the Probate Office, or take 100 points of Id.

winston wolf

21 April 2014
Adelaide
changefpa.com.au
Hi Winston Wolf thanks for responding. I followed the link and it seems to be about challenging a will which is not what I am doing. My daughter and I are executors of my mums will in Victoria. My question is when we go to the court to lodge for grant of probate do we just take our own identification or do we need to do have a special verification of identity?

You need to click on the words that say "Applying for a grant of probate" Not the link in my signature.