NSW Private school fees after separation

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Tina12

23 April 2018
If the father is willing to solely finance the child private school fees after separation will this have an effect upon the mother in getting parenting living arrangement. Can the father demand himself being the primary carer. Or is it simply a child support assessment issue

AllForHer

23 July 2014
It won’t have any impact on parenting orders, if that’s what you’re asking, other than to show that he contributes and is involved in their education.

nearlydivorced10

1 May 2018
Does the school fees become part of the recommended child support payments? or is the school fees seperate ?
what doesn't child support payments actually supposed to cover?

sammy01

27 September 2015
child support agency don't stipulate what their payments are about. It basically equalises the income in the two houses (somewhat). I paid child support and paid a few extras like health care... UNTIL the ex got nasty with access. Then I stopped all additional payments. Just my experience not advice

Reactions: nearlydivorced10

nearlydivorced10

1 May 2018
if the ex is paying child support plus the school fees, is that considered good? Also I have been a stay at home mum and was married for 16 years .. until he left last year

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au