NSW Private Investment Agreement

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now
30 November 2023
I'm looking to buy a residential property but am short of the deposit.

The property has a separate dwelling which can be used as an Airbnb.

I want to offer a private investment opportunity, whereby the investor gets %X of the property by way of equity, and %X of ongoing Airbnb revenue.

After an fixed time period (such as 3 years) the investor has the right to sell their stake back to us at present market value - or keep their money in until we sell the property.

We need a robust agreement to protect both parties - does anyone know any legal services provider that can help?

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Any property lawyer should be able to draw up an agreement.

Keep in mind you'll likely have to 'sweeten the deal' to convince the investor the risk is worth it - after all AirBnB income is not guaranteed income.

Expect to pay from $2k-$5k for a simple agreement.

Suggest you use a local property lawyer.

Reactions: Barrenjoey2023

Agberia

2 March 2024
I once had similar challenge, when wanting to sell off my property in Adelaide, and i used the services of a professional lawyer on fiverr. He provided a well detailed and legally focused agreement for me, which made my transaction smooth and swift with my then Client. Try him out, i bet you will love it.