VIC Private Driving Instructor

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Nat86

16 May 2017
Melbourne
I engaged a private driving instructor for lessons. I am on learner's permit. I paid the amount for 5 lessons upfront. Instructor was unprofessional always cancelling or delaying the lessons. During one of the lessons car hit the curb slightly, as a instructor he had the complete control of the car too while I was driving. He said that car is insured and it is a work car. Few weeks forward, he again missed the lesson and after frustration I asked for refund of my pending lessons. Now today (16/05) he texted me saying that car damage was higher and I need to pay the difference for insurance. I need to understand if he has any case?

Lance

31 October 2015
Hi Nat,
I would say no. As a driving instructor they pay exorbitant insurance fees to cover the learner drivers. I have a feeling his next comment will be lets just call it even. I wouldn't pay anything and keep demanding a refund.

Nat86

16 May 2017
Melbourne
Thanks Lance - it is very frustrating dealing with this instructor. Thanks for your comment. I will respond to him now.