NSW prior dui conviction

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

lady

14 September 2017
15 years ago I was convicted of mid range drink driving. My license was suspended for 9 months and I received a $1000 fine. (A bot heavy I think as it was a first offence and no accident occerred). I have to get a police check done for a teaching job and was wondering if my conviction has been 'spent'? if so do I have to declare it. I did not declare to my school at the time as I did not know I was required to. I was on a temporary teaching contract at the time. I have not have any offenses since. Will this show up on a police check.

sammy01

27 September 2015
I think you're talking about a working with children check?
If so, sleep easy, I had a dui, 5 yrs ago.. At the time I was a teacher. I had to inform my boss, but that is different because I was working inside the education system at the time. Anyways, I did my WWCC (working with children check) and the dui didn't register.

It really is only checking to make sure you don't have a criminal history that relates to child abuse

Tim W

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
28 April 2014
Sydney
The price of peace of mind is about a hundred dollars.
Do one of those online checks, on yourself.