PR applying for Citizenship

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

Krish1992

19 September 2018
Sydney
Hello,
I have a question about the permanent resident visa status.
I and my wife both were granted 189 visa in August,2019. I was the main applicant and I included my wife as dependant. I became eligible to apply for citizenship in August,2020 as I lived in Australia for more than 4 years including 1 year as a permanent resident. On the other hand, my wife was not eligible for citizenship as she first arrived in Australia in November, 2020 after being granted 189 visa. So, I went ahead and applied for my citizenship few days ago on 29/01/2021.

Now, my question is what happens to my wife's visa status when I get my citizenship assuming that my visa will be ceased to be in effect as soon I receive my citizenship. I'm worried because my wife wasn't the main applicant but only dependant when the permanent 189 visa was granted. This put me in huge dilemma as I don't want to mess up my wifes's visa. What will happen next and what options do I have?

I greatly appreciate any advice or recommendations.