LawAnswers.com.au - Australia's #1 Legal Community

LawAnswers.com.au is a community of 10,000+ Australians, just like you, helping each other.
Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
Join us, it only takes a minute:

ACT Made False Statements to Police - What to Do?

Discussion in 'Criminal Law Forum' started by Jamie lee, 27 August 2016.

1. Jamie lee

Jamie lee Member

Hi, I made false statements to police but I was so angry.

I went to the court house and filled out a affidavit and a Commonwealth statutory declaration, signed and witnessed by a JP to admit that I gave a false statement to police and at no time did he do maliouces damage and assalt, choked me or treated me in any kind of way.

He's incarcerated at the moment. Does the magistrates have to take my affidavit and commonwealth statutory declaration into account. They still have my partner for a breach of bail but he didn't have any reporting conditions to corrective services. Its he's first time incarecerated in A.C.T and its he's first offence in A.C.T I'm pretty sure.

Thank you

2. Danziggy77

Danziggy77 Active Member

My ex has done the same to me also.

Says I grabbed her arm, only I didn't. I researched giving a false statement and that if you do, it's a criminal offence punishable by up to 7 years jail, so tread carefully.

3. Jamie lee

Jamie lee Member

I've already put in the affidavit and Commonwealth stac declaration signed and witnessed by a JP. Its already been handed in.

4. Danziggy77

Danziggy77 Active Member

Can you try for witness immunity? Google it.

Also maybe arrange to talk to legal aid lawyer he could tell you the best instructions in this situation