Australia's #1 for Law

Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!

NSW Paid for Car Parts - Shop Closed?

Discussion in 'Australian Consumer Law Forum' started by trevor566, 17 October 2014.

  1. trevor566

    trevor566 Guest

    I bought and ordered some car parts, paid and the shop has ran off with my money.
    I was contacted by a debt consolidator but nothing ever came of this. What can I do to chase up my money or goods under Australian Consumer Law?
  2. trevor566

    trevor566 Guest

    Am in Nsw shop is in/was in Nsw
  3. Rod

    Rod Well-Known Member

    27 May 2014
    Likes Received:
    Is the business still trading? If so go to VCAT/NSW equivalent.

    If the business has gone under you are an unsecured creditor and you will be at the bottom of the food chain when/if money is distributed. You need to contact the administrator/liquidator if this is the case.
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...

Share This Page