No contact with child

Australia's #1 for Law
Join 150,000 Australians every month. Ask a question, respond to a question and better understand the law today!
FREE - Join Now

kenny rogers

27 December 2016
Hi all

So it’s been nearly 8 months with no contact with the child.

One family report was done over several weeks and False allegations made when child is in other parties care for there last visit. The child expresses views in both parties care for more time with the other party at every visit even the last.

Other party decides that they are going to stop all contact and continue with the allegations of abuse and refuse all access.

Never ever been any history of it for the entire lifetime of the child.

Report writer suggests ICL and judge orders for one to be put in place. Child sees independent lawyer a day before the court hearing whilst in other party’s care same thing with allegations and judge orders time to be suspended. To much conflict child need a rest. Judge Orders another report.

2nd Report has not been completed yet.

question Is how long does it take for contact to resume for the child?

And if so what sort of arrangements would be made by a judge if the allegations are proven to be false ?

sammy01

27 September 2015
From what I have read, when one parent becomes dis-credited it can go one of two ways... I've read some cases where the Magistrate has had to concede that the fear the child has of the accused parent means it would be too distressing to impose contact...

More often the parent that has been making the allegations, when found to be without substance, their case falls apart.
Mate I feel for you. I cant think of anything worse..
As far as how long for contact to resume? too hard to give an accurate answer.
I hope it all works out for you.
cheers

Rod

Lawyer
LawConnect (LawTap) Verified
27 May 2014
www.hutchinsonlegal.com.au
Do you want to apply for 'live with' status and the child spends time with other parent?

You might have a chance that way around if the 2nd report finds no allegations proven. Say you are happy for the child to maintain a relationship with both parents and will facilitate it. Keep the focus on the child, not you or the other parent. Are you self-representing or do you have a lawyer?